Travel to China requires a visa.

  1. Please download and fill out the required visa form.

  2. Submit your passport. Once your visa is approved, you will find it stamped in your passport.

  3. Attach two (2) original passport photos to your form.

  4. Provide a recent copy of your bank statement (with your account number, social security number and other personal information crossed out).

The Embassy / Consulates General

The People’s Republic of China currently maintains one Embassy in Washington D.C., but also maintains five consulates general in the following U.S. cities: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX.

Chinese Embassy in USA holds consular jurisdiction in:

Washington DC, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee and Utah.

2201 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Suite 110, Washington, DC 20007

(202) 337-1956

Consulate in New York holds consular jurisdiction in:

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.

520 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10036

(212) 244-9392 / (212) 244-9456

Consulate in Chicago holds consular jurisdiction in:

Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin.

100 West Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60654

(312) 803-0095

Consulate in San Francisco holds consular jurisdiction in:

Alaska, Northern California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.

1450 Laguna Street, San Francisco, CA 94115

Consulate in Los Angeles holds consular jurisdiction in:

Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico and Pacific Islands.

3rd Floor, 500 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020

(213) 201-1765

Consulate in Houston holds consular jurisdiction in:

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.

3417 Montrose Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77006

Before touring abroad, it’s important to consider your health. Here are some suggestions to help anyone needing a Travel Insurance Package, Travel Medical Policy or Medical Evacuation Coverage.

If your health insurance provider is Highmark, you do have global coverage through their Bluecard Worldwide program. For outpatient or physician services, you will need to pay at the time of service and file for reimbursement. For inpatient care at a non-participating hospital, they will attempt to arrange for direct payment to the hospital on your behalf.