Baotu Springs & Black Tiger Spring
The existence of Jinan’s springs can be traced back to more than 3,500 years; as mentioned in the Spring and Autumn Annals, the chronicles of the ancient Lu state that inhabited Shandong. These are two of most celebrated, and well-alive springs of Jinan’s well-known 72 springs, which was declared “number one spring under heaven” by the Qianlong Emperor from the Qing Dynasty (1711-1799). Today, the spring is surrounded by a pleasant park filled with traditional Chinese architecture. Especially in the late afternoon, the locals come to collect water to drink. Be sure to call into one of the nearby teahouses to sample a cup of tea brewed with water from the springs.
Black Tiger Spring gets its name from the tiger roaring sound when three tigers spit out water into the moat. The local people have a tradition of fetching water from the Black Tiger Spring. You can taste the Black Tiger Spring by having a tea made with its water at the teahouse next door.
Location: 1 Baotu Spring South Road, Lixia District, Jinan City
- Tickets: Free
- Hours: April 10th to Oct 9th (7am to 7pm)
Oct 10th to april 9th (7am to 6pm)
- Average time spent:
- Transportation: Varies by bus (est 40 RMB)
1. Take bus 28, 49, 72, 82, 102, 103, 104, 128, 165, K52, K54, K96, or K100 and get off at Baotu Spring Nanmen Station.
2. Take bus No. 5, 101, 104, K59, K101, K109 and get off at Baotu Spring North Gate Station.
3. Take bus 3, 41, 66, K50, K54, K91, K101, K109 and get off at Ximen Station.
4. Take bus K109 to Baotu Spring East Gate (Lukou East) Station. Or take the bus 1, 5, 41, 66, 82, 85, 103, 104, K51, K54, K59, K91 to get off at Baotu Spring East Gate Station.
山东省文化和旅游厅 Shandong Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism
美国友康科技有限公司 U-Combination Technology (USA) Inc.
Authorized agency for Shandong Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism in the U.S.
150 E Swedesford Rd, Suite 101,
Wayne, PA 19087